Photo Gallery | 2011 Florida vs. Georgia
- Date: October 27 - 29, 2011
- Time: 5pm-2am
- Cost: $10 gate admission
Week-long activities are scheduled to take place in front of The Landing, in the Landing Courtyard, on Hogan Street adjacent to The Landing and inside various Landing restaurants and nightclubs.
- Hooters Annual Halloween Bikini Contest (in the Courtyard) 8 p.m.
- Easton Corbin LIVE in concert at Mavericks Rock N Honky Tonk 8 p.m. Purchase your tickets HERE
- Live music in the Courtyard by Radio 80 7 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Street Festival 5 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Live music on the Main Stage by Ryan Hickey & the Saints, an Athens favorite, 8:15 – 10:15 p.m.
- Live performance by Pearly Whites singing his hit songs Gator Bait and Let’s Get Famous 10:40-11 p.m.
- Live music on the Main Stage by HORNIT, a Gainesville favorite, 12 – 2 a.m.
Saturday, 10/29 11am-2am
- FL/GA Game on the Courtyard Jumbotron 3:30pm
- Live entertainment in the Courtyard by George Aspinall Band 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Plan D 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. and Spanky the Band after the game
- Gridiron Rivalry Tour Challenge
- Street Festival 1 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Admission is $10/person each day Friday after 5 p.m. and Saturday after 1 p.m.
No outside food or drinks allowed. Purses are subject to search.
Must be 21 or older with valid photo I.D. to consume alcohol.
Road Closures and Traffic Patterns for
the 2011 Florida-Georgia Classic Events and Game Day
Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 – Saturday, Oct. 29, 2011
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office would like to make the public aware of road closures and traffic patterns during the 2011 Florida-Georgia festivities downtown. FOLLOW OUR GAME DAY TRAFFIC ALERTS ON TWITTER @JSOPIO #FLvsGA Downtown Road Closures Road Closures from Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011 thru Sunday, Oct. 30, 2011 –
- Hogan Street from Water Street to the St. Johns River will be closed Thursday, Oct. 27, from 8 a.m. thru 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30.
- Pearl Street from Water Street to the St. Johns River will be closed Thursday, Oct. 27, from 8 a.m. thru 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30.
- Sister Cities Plaza from Hogan Street to the cul-de-sac will be closed Thursday, Oct. 27, from 8 a.m. thru 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30.
- Coastline Drive from the Landing to Newnan Street will be closed Thursday, Oct. 28, from 8 a.m. thru 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30.
- A. Phillip Randolph Blvd. from Duval Street to Adams Street will be closed Friday, Oct. 28, from 8 a.m. thru 2 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 29.
- Independent Drive from Hogan Street east to Laura Street will be closed Friday, Oct. 28 at 4 p.m. thru 11 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30. Please note: Independent Drive to Laura Street will remain open to southbound traffic going to the Main Street Bridge.
- Lane indicators will be working Friday, Oct. 28 at 6 a.m. thru 9 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 29. During this time there will be two lanes going east and two lanes going west between Liberty Street and Ocean Street.
- On Saturday, Oct. 29 at 9 a.m. the lane indicators will shift to pre-game pattern this includes three eastbound lanes and one westbound lane from Ocean Street to the sports complex area.
- Seventeen sign boards will be up on major roadways throughout the city with parking information.
- The Mathews Bridge will be open on Saturday, Oct. 29.
- People without pre-paid parking passes need to use general parking.
- We anticipate that general public parking in the sports complex area will fill up five hours prior to kick-off. Private lots near the stadium area go just as fast.
- There will be no parking on the south side of Bay Street from Ocean Street to Liberty Street starting on Friday, Oct. 28 at 6 a.m. throughout Saturday, Oct. 29.
- Florida State College of Jacksonville’s downtown campus, 101 W. State St., will have 2,000 free parking spaces available. There will be a shuttle bus offered for $7 round-trip, which will run for four hours before kick-off and for two hours after the game ends.
- There will be free parking at the Skyway Convention Center stop on Bay Street (located across from the Prime Osborne Convention Center, 1000 Water St.) with round-trip shuttle bus services for $7. Just like at Florida State College of Jacksonville’s downtown campus, these shuttles will also run for four hours before kick-off and for two hours after the game ends.
- Thursday, Oct. 27 – 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 28 – 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 29 – 9 a.m. – Midnight
- Sunday, Oct. 30 – 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Jacksonville does have an open container law for underage drinkers, and this will be enforced.
- Stay with your friends, stay in a group.
- Do not buy tickets in the street. Counterfeit tickets do exist, and people found with counterfeit tickets will be ejected from the game and face possible arrest. (It is legal to buy tickets from a scalper. However, you do so at your own risk.)
- Above all else, USE COMMON SENSE throughout the weekend
- No purses or bags larger than 12 x 12 x 12 inches
- No cameras with lenses longer than six inches
- No coolers or containers including cans, cups and bottles
- No strollers or umbrellas
- No pets (except special services)
- No food or beverage from outside the stadium
- No seat cushions
- No video or audio recorders
- No whistles, noise makers, air horns or laser pointers
- No poles or sticks
- No knives, guns or any type of weapons or explosives
- No smoking (except in designated areas)
- No promotional items or any other items deemed unacceptable by Stadium Management.
- No Re-Entry
FLORIDA VS GEORGIA WEEKEND AT IVY
Thursday, Oct. 27 – Ivy’s Halloween Costume Party to kick off the big weekend – starts at 9p
Friday, Oct. 28 – Happy Hour from 4p – 8p and then the late night fun begins. Corey Smith concert after party will be at Ivy and Corey has the VIP on reserve! DJ E.L. will be back for his third straight year to wow the crowd with the best party music for the big weekend!
Saturday, Oct. 29 – Open at 10am for all of your tailgating needs. We will have two 8′ screens set up for your viewing pleasure and our 10,000 watts surround sound will ensure you hear those heart pounding tackles. Full bar service and plenty of seating during the game. SPLIT TONE is back for their third straight year to put on the best concert after the game until 10:30p. Late night our DJ will wrap up the weekend with an insane mix of high energy dance music while the fans of the winning team celebrate a solid year’s worth of bragging rights.
SMG and SAVOR Jacksonville
A dozen local teams fire up their grills for the inaugural Florida–Georgia Weekend BBQ Block Party outside the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. Certified and celebrity judges will determine the winners of the BBQ cook-off. Trophies to be presented at 5:00pm to the teams with the Best Chicken, Best Pork and Best Ribs along with a Grand Champion and Reserve Champion. The BBQ Block Party will also feature the Turner Pest Corn-Hole Fest. The winner of the corn-hole tournament will receive a trophy and a $200 VISA gift card. Admission to the Block Party is FREE! Enjoy live music, Twist of Fun! Balloon Art, Touch of Paint Tattoos and Body Art, and concessions. The outdoor festivities will be followed by the Zac Brown Band concert scheduled to begin at 7:00pm at the Veterans Memorial Arena. Concert attendees must have a ticket to enter the Arena.
WHERE: Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd. between Duval St and Adams St
WHEN: Friday, October 28, 2011
2:00pm – 9:00pm
Playboy Pre-Game Party
Playboy presents Girls of the SEC during Florida / Georgia week in Jacksonville, FL also known as "The Worlds Largest Cocktail Party". This Red Carpet event is also a fund-raiser for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation as a portion of the proceeds will be donated towards this worthy cause. Purchase Tickets